Save the date!
The new and improved Pike Place Market will be unveiled on June 29, 2017!
The festivities will be held from 1 to 7 p.m. and will begin with a speech from Mayor Ed Murray. There will be performances by local musicians, food from MarketFront vendors, and activities to help guest experience the new space.
The new public space will provide:
- 30,000 square feet of open public space, including a public plaza and viewing deck with expansive views of the Olympic Mountains, Mount Rainier and Puget Sound
- 47 new tablespaces for farmers and craftspeople on the MarketFront Plaza beneath an all-weather canopy with roll-up doors to welcome the sea breeze
- Four new artisan vendors with production on site: Old Stove Brewing Co., Jarr & Co., Honest Biscuits and indi chocolate in 12,000 square feet of commercial and production space
- 40 low-income senior housing units with seven live/work artist units
- A neighborhood center, offering social service resources and a place for neighbors to gather and connect in the Market community
- Three public art installations: NW Microcosm, Western Tapestry, and Billie the Piggybank
- 300 underground parking spaces; 33 bicycle spaces, Future connection to the central waterfront